Free Text Overlays
Free text is by far the most flexible option for adding text to your video. With the freedom to customize the color, font, size, placement, timing and animation of your text there are endless customizations that will work for your content and audience.
You can create and use text overlays in both Voice-Over videos and No Voice Over videos. Customizations for Free-Text on Wochit include:
- Font: Wochit provides a several fonts for you to create your video with, in addition to allowing you to change the font size and bold, italic or regular.
- Colors: You can use the menu to change the text color, overlay or text box background color and text shadow. With the option to input your brands hex code to customize it further
- Formatting: Customize the justification of the text, indentation, and line spacing
- Toggle Case: Quickly change your text from lower case to sentence case
- Timing of Free Text: Decide the order and timing of each text overlay on an asset
- Other great features include a spell checker, text animations and text style templates.
- Text animations allow you to choose the way in which your free-text appears on the screen.
- Text Style Templates allow you to save and share a template for free text to make it faster and easier to put together videos with a consistent look.
Free Text Toolbar Map
- Hover over an asset on the timeline.
- Click the pencil icon to open the Video Preview window to edit an asset.
- Click the grey T (Text) icon to add Free text to the media asset
- Insert the text to be displayed and edit it using the toolbox
- To extend the text box, drag the <-> button to the desired position
- Click anywhere outside the text box to validate the text
- Drag the text box to the desired position
- Click Save to return to the Timeline
Control Free Text Overlay Timing
- Start by adding a Free Text Overlay to an asset as you normally would
- As you continue to add new text boxes and place them on the asset bars will appear below the asset preview
- Control timing of each Free Text Overlay by dragging the handles below the video preview
- Get creative! With the ability to add up to 8 text overlays per asset