Record Voice Over Track
Recording Your Voice Over
Before you even start your video you need to make the decision as to whether you want to record the voice over yourself or have our Wochit voice over team record it for you by choosing which production line you want to use.
Production Lines in Wochit are used to distinguish different customizations Wochit has created under your account. The most common use of different production lines is to allow for Wochit voice-over or self voice-over (also called Self-Service). You can access these different lines on the start new video page when you first enter Wochit.
- To record your video voice-over directly into Wochit, first make sure you are in the Self VO production line by selecting it from the Production line drop down on the start new video page.
- Complete the Media selection stage, from the Format Selection, choose ‘Yes, I want Voice Over’
- If your Voice-Over does not include a soundbite, paste the script in the segment box and continue to step 7
- If you’d like to include a soundbite, or an area of the Timeline without voice-over, type or paste in the first part of your script (until the soundbite) into the first segment box.
- Click on the + Add Segment button on the bottom of the screen, this will create a second segment box.
- Type the rest of your script into the segment box. By adding a second segment, you can place the soundbite between the two segments once you get to the Timeline.
- Record the voice-over for the different segments by clicking on the Record option next to the segment
- Click on the Red circle to start recording
- To end the recording, click the red circle again
- To save the voice-over click Save, Otherwise, click Retake, and repeat the above steps
- Once you’ve recorded the Voice-over file for all of your segments, click Continue to Timeline
- Get rid of as much of the ambient noise as you can by moving into a private room and stay away from walls or other hard surfaces that reflect sound
- If you’re not happy with the recording from your computer the easiest way to improve the quality of your audio input is to use a better microphone or headset.