Create Your Own Storyboard
In addition to the wide range of Storyboards that Wochit has created, you also have the option to create your own!
A Storyboard is not for every video, but instead for those franchises or video types you see yourself repeating often. To create a new one you can either start a new video from scratch or grab an already published video and repurpose it as a Storyboard.
To set a draft as a Storyboard start from the Timeline and follow the below steps:
- Edit your video to include text formats, animation, and effects you want to include in the final Storyboard.
- Once done, click on the hamburger menu in the top right corner of the screen, then click Set as Storyboard. From here you will be promoted to set your sharing options. By default, the storyboard will be shared with your current production line, however, you can also choose to include others you have access to.
- Click Set as Storyboard
Please note: Once a video is set as a storyboard you will not be able to reverse it. To produce the video to be published on your site or social, you will need to go to the Storyboard menu, take it back and then produce following the Storyboard work flow found here.
- Once a video is set as a storyboard you can continue editing, then when done click Preview & Produce
- If you haven’t already, select a thumbnail and add your title and description
- Follow the prompts to preview your storyboard and share the link. Once your happy with it Produce your Storyboard. Once its done rendering you’ll see it under the Discover tab for use!
Revert Back to Draft
Once you set a video as a storyboard you will have the option to change it back to a regular draft if you change your mind. To revert back to a draft:
- Click on the hamburger menu in the top right corner
- Select the Turn Off Storyboard option
- You’ll be asked to confirm that this should not be a storyboard and then return to the Timeline to continue editing.
Delete a Storyboard
Only the creator of a story has the option to delete it. To delete a storyboard:
- Find the storyboard you want to delete under the Discover tab and click on it
- Then, click the Delete Storyboard option
Keep these points in mind while creating a video as a Storyboard
- Text on Screen: If you are creating a Storyboard for your team, you may want to use the filler text to be as descriptive as possible. Add hints like number of lines allowed, appropriate use of a quote, or color options.
- Animation: Remember, although they can be changed while editing, defaults set by you will be the defaults for ever user going forward. Be sure to fine tune animations, text formatting and effects before producing as a Storyboard
- Title: Make the title of your Storyboard clear, for example: “Runway 2018 Recaps”, “Interview Teasers”, “Hard News” , or “Entertainment Social Story”
- Description: Use the description field to further explain your Storyboard, including notes on what it should be used for, or anything else the creator should know.