Changing the Aspect Ratio of Your Video
The aspect ratio of videos can now be changed using the drop-down menu in the top left corner of the screen. The aspect ratio options include wide (16:9), square (1:1), vertical (9:16) or (4:3).
Use this new feature to create videos specifically for Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook and more! For customers with custom graphics packages please note that your standard package does not carry over to the other aspect ratios. Speak to your Customer Success Manager to learn more.
Using the Crop Tool
Images and videos can be cropped and scaled to fit the new aspect ratio. With text overlays, zoom effects, and thumbnails automatically adjusted to best fit the new video size.
To manually crop an image or video:
- Open the image or video on the Timeline by using the pencil icon
- Clip on the ‘Crop’ icon from the edit menu options
- Use the bar across the bottom of the image preview to zoom in or out
- With your mouse, click and hold over the image preview to change the focus of the frame
- Click Apply to save the changes
Change the Aspect Ratio of a Produced Video
In some cases you may want to create a video in two different aspect ratios. Like a 16×9 version for your website and a 1×1 version for social. To do this you would first produce one version and then make a copy and change the aspect ratio.