Video marketing is one of the most invaluable tools you can have in your arsenal. Viewers retain 95% of what they watch, while 78% of people watch online videos every week, so you have a large and growing audience.
Unfortunately, many companies choose not to create videos or to create only a few videos a month/year because they can be so much work. Video production is time-consuming and complicated, and many companies feel that they don’t have the resources or the know-how to be successful, but that doesn’t have to be the case.
You can create killer marketing videos and grow your revenue 49% faster than your non-video using competitors with just a little bit of guidance. That’s why we’ve developed this five-part blog series containing the tips, insight, and recommendations you need to become a successful video marketer.
First, let’s dig into exactly how video marketing can contribute to your overall strategy.
The Benefits of Video Marketing
As we already mentioned above, video marketing is an incredible tool for reaching your current customers and finding new ones. In 2017, 74% of online traffic came from videos. Even better, according to Marketing Sherpa, video attracts two to three times as many monthly website visitors and doubles their time spent on your site. That’s because video is great for SEO.
More than that, video marketing is vital for brand awareness. The truth of the matter is that 55% of people pay closer attention to videos than they do any other type of content—the same goes for 59% of executives. So, if you want to ensure that more potential customers learn about your brand and get engaged, video is the best choice. Then, there’s the fact that including a video on a landing page can increase conversion rates by 80%, that means more revenue and increased sales all from just one piece of content.
So, why should you implement a video marketing plan?
- To reach new audiences and improve your SEO.
- To increase brand awareness and engagement.
- To get personal with your target audience and impact their emotions.
- To increase conversions and revenue.
- To guide buyers through the sales and marketing journey at your company.
Now, that you know why video marketing is so vital, how do you get started?
Elements Every Video Needs
The first step to creating killer marketing videos is to know exactly what makes up a successful video. It’s not enough to just throw something together and slap it online. Viewers want videos that are easily digestible (two-thirds prefer videos under 60 seconds), informative, and well made.
Specifically, every video you create should have four specific qualities:
- You need to hire a videographer or have access to a vast media library of high-quality film, graphics, and GIFs to be successful.
- The right music can make all the difference for a video. When well chosen and high quality, music can evoke emotion and guide the story where you want it to go.
- When someone watches your video, they should be able to tell immediately that it belongs to your brand. That’s why customizing your video to fit your company image and include your logo is so vital.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and image combined (Wordstream), so there’s nothing worse than a video that doesn’t play well across your social platforms. Make sure your video has the right characteristics for each channel.
Qualities of a Killer Content Marketing Video
Beyond the four elements mentioned above, there are also specific qualities that every successful video has that make it “great.” These are the qualities that viewers consciously and subconsciously search for while watching videos to determine if it’s something they like or they hate. And believe us, you want your viewers to like your video, particularly because if they do, then the nearly 50% of internet users who watch a video before visiting the store will follow through on shopping.
In particular, there are seven qualities that you should pay attention to:
- Make sure you use storytelling and emotion to convey your message.
- Don’t be afraid to use humor or to be a bit risqué, as long as you stand out.
- Pay attention to your message in the first ten seconds, sometimes that’s all you have.
- Choose high-quality videos and editing to give a professional look and feel.
- Make sure you share a strong message that resonates with viewers.
- Target your video to the right audience.
- Add a call to action at the end of your video to increase engagement.
Using Tools to Help
Sure, you can create a killer marketing video from scratch all on your own, but why would you want to? The right tools can help increase your video production speed, improve your video quality, and enhance your video distribution. This is key to keeping up with the competition.
Just make sure you’re using the right tools to get the job done. Look for tools that help with audio transcription, make it easy to create animated video styles, make including clickable calls to action easier, enhance video production, and make video playback a breeze. The more help you get, the better.
Choosing a Video Creation Platform
In a time where audiences are demanding more and more content, a tool that enhances video production is key to success. Therefore, it’s important to choose the right tool for you. Not all video creation platforms are created equal, so before you pay hundreds of dollars and waste man-hours on a poor tool, figure out what you should be looking for in the right tool.
You should be asking for a platform that has storyboards and templates, so you can simplify and quicken the production process. You will also want access to a large media library filled with videos, images, GIFs, and music that you can use as you need. You will also want a platform that integrates with your other software and makes it easy to collaborate within your team and across departments. Finally, look for a platform that’s all about being customized to you.
It’s only when you find a video creation platform that has these five qualities that you can sit back and let it work for you.
Additional Tips for Your Video Marketing Strategy
We could talk about video marketing all day. There are endless strategies and keys to being successful, just make sure you leave no resource unturned.
To help you out, here are some additional tips to creating killer videos:
- Repurpose existing content: Not every video has to be developed from scratch. Don’t be afraid to transform popular blogs, social media stories, or case studies into one-of-a-kind videos.
- Share on social media: Make sure your video gets the reach it deserves by republishing it across all of your various social media channels. Just make sure that it’s in the appropriate format for each platform.
- Partner with industry influencers: You don’t have to create all your videos in isolation. Reach out to industry influencers and partners to see if they’ll partner with you on new videos.
No one ever said that video marketing was easy, but that’s why it’s so valuable. When you create killer videos, not only do you increase the reach of your brand, but you also ensure that the customers you reach are more interested in who you are and what you offer.
Just make sure that before you increase the quantity of your marketing videos that you’re also prepared to keep up with quality. Customers want videos that are professional, interesting, high quality, and speak directly to them. The good news is that with a video production tool, you can do all of that without breaking the bank.