Record Voice Over Track
Recording a Voice-Over Yourself
Before you even start your video you need to make the decision as to whether you want to record the voice over yourself or have our Wochit voice over team record it for you by choosing which production line you want to use.
Production Lines in Wochit are used to distinguish different customizations Wochit has created under your account. The most common use of different production lines is to allow for Wochit voice-over or self voice-over (also called Self-Service). You can access these different lines on the start new video page when you first enter Wochit.
If you’ve already started your video and you’re not sure what production line you are working in you can check by clicking on the pencil next to the title of your project. On the overlay under ‘Additional Info’ you can find the production line and Wochit video ID number for your project.
- To record your own voice-over, first make sure you are in the Self VO production line by selecting it from the Production line drop down on the start new video page.
- Continue through the Media Selection step by collecting media from our library or uploading your own content and adding it to your Lightbox.
- When you’re done click Continue on the bottom right hand side of the page
- From the Format Selection step choose ‘Yes, I want Voice Over’
- Type in or copy and paste your full script and click ‘Continue to Voice Over’
On the Voice-Over screen you will notice the full script to the left. If you’ve included ‘Sound-bites’ they will break up the full script into different sections. On the right hand side you will see the options to Record or Upload a voice-over track.
RECORD VOICE OVER TRACK
- Click Record to record your own voice-over track right into your computer
- When you’re ready, click the Microphone to start recording – When its recording the red microphone icon will turn into a red stop button.
- Click the stop button when you are done recording.
- Click the play button to preview the recorded track.
- When satisfied, click Save and then Continue to Timeline
Otherwise, click Retake, and repeat the above steps
- Get rid of as much of the ambient noise as you can by moving into a private room and stay away from walls or other hard surfaces that reflect sound
- If you’re not happy with the recording from your computer the easiest way to improve the quality of your audio input is to use a better microphone or headset.